Monday, May 21, 2012

Kat Von D's Beethoven Palette swatch and review

So I have a few palettes that have a billion reviews (Think Naked and CS), but I think the Kat Von D's don't have enough. But I also just wanted to talk about some of her palettes.


This is the Beethoven palette I bought at Sephora to step into the color zone. What attracted me to it was the design and the colors. I wanted the option for a pop or color, but also subtle colors for daytime wear. These palette does come with two mini brushes, but like most palette brushes, they suck. Don't even both with them.

(Sorry for the fuzziness)

First set of colors (Flashed-Not Flashed):
Lucifer is a matte black. As you can tell from the picture, it's a bit chalky and not as amazing for blending. It would probably look good wet and on top of a primer or even as an eyeliner.
Speed Blue is such a lovely shade. It has a hint of chalkyness, but it's a pretty nice shadow. Looks good on top of a primer.
Razor Grey is actually greenish. It's a pretty smooth pigment and easy to blend. I love it. I should find a way to wear it...
Tequila is a super pretty yellowish color. My biggest problem with this one is it's almost too soft. I'm afraid this color may break in the palette one day. ): The second picture of it is more true to how the color really looks in person.



Second Set (Flashed-Not Flashed):
Sinner. I love Sinner. It's an absolutely lovely color on me. I pair it with leather for a smokey eye.
Rad Purple looks more like a matte purple with glitter in it. This one is a bit chalky and hard to blend but it's dark. So, at least it goes a long way.
Leather is a matte brown. Really pretty and easy to blend.
Galeano. Light purple color that is probably the nicest (quality wise) of the set. It's a really nice all over lid color.

(Galeano and Sinner)

Overall, the colors are really pretty and not over powering, but the quality is a bit underwhelming. If you like the colors and can't find good dupes, get this. If you love the colors and just want to take the easy way out and get a palette, get this. Otherwise, pass on it. If I end up using all the colors and were to run out, I may buy it again, but I doubt that'll happen. If the yellow end up breaking on me, I would not buy it again.

Update: I honestly find myself grabbing this palette more and more. I really am in love with the colors. Although the quality is not 100%, it's pretty nice. If you're worried about how you might like this and don't wanna spend the money, there is a dupe! NYX Jazz Night has extremely similar color plus 2 extras! Go take a look. (:

No comments: