Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 2012 Glam Bag Review

So, for the month of June, I was excited to find out I was able to get a Glam Bag! I've been getting the Birchbox for a while now, but I was thrilled to get a Glam Bag too! Today, it finally arrived in a pink envelope.


Cute, right? So I already knew what was in it because I looked at the website. It's not a secret like the Birchbox. Plus, everyone gets the same thing for now (minus the different colors for certain products). I think that can be both a plus and a minus. I like getting things catered to me, but sometimes, with the Birchbox, I get envious of what other people got.


Anyway, I opened up the package to get all my goodies out. The Glam Bag itself was a cute little gold bag and inside was a NYX Round Lipstick, philosophy take a deep breath, Living Proof frizz Nourishing Styling Cream, and a Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen.


The first thing I checked out was the NYX Lipstick. It's a full-sized lipstick that retails for $4. It comes in a variety of colors so not everyone got the same color. I got the color Iced Honey which is a frosted pink champagne. It's not a color I would choose myself, but it doesn't look bad on me. I may wear it alone, but I know I could mix the color and really like the outcome.


The next product is the philosophy take a breath oil-free energizing oxygen gel cream moisturizer. Yeah, that's the full name. This one was a typical sample size of .4 fl. oz. The 2 oz. sized, the full-sized product, retails for $34. So this size product is worth about $6.80. That just paid for my Glam Bag with my first two products! Anyway, product feels nice, doesn't really have a smell, and is oil-free. Although it doesn't have SPF, I will be using this product. Can't hate on moisturizers. Well, unless they break you out or mess up your skin...


The next product I received is the Living Proof frizz Nourishing Styling Cream. This is a deluxe sample (but also available for sale in this size) of 2 fl. oz. It's worth $15. Awesome. I am so ok with this. I really was excited for this item too. I have curly hair that loves to frizz so I knew I would be getting use out of the product. It feels like some of my other anti-frizz products. The only downside is the smell is super strong at first. It dies away pretty fast, but that still kind of sucks. Won't stop me from using it though.


Last product is the Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen. This is the only product brand I hadn't heard of in my bag. I was really excited for it though. This is a full-size product that retails for $19! Yay! I love black eyeliner so I was stoked to test this product. I made 3 test marks (Just to note, they are a bit darker in person). Top is one swipe. Middle is two. Bottom is a couple of swipes. It bleeds slightly into the lines in my skin, so that might be a concern for some people.

The eyeliner is slightly misleading with the name. It's not permanent. At all. It's not smudge proof, nor is it water proof. Not that is claims either, but I wouldn't call it permanent. That will be a problem for some people. If you have oily lids or do a lot of activity, this product is not for you. If you're like me and most eyeliner stays on, you're good!

So, for my first Glam Bag, I will say I am in love with it! I got some great products to try out that I would have paid at least $44.80 dollars for. I will get use out of all my items and can't wait for next month!

No comments: