Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June 2012 Birchbox Review

When I decided to sneak a peak at my June Birchbox, I was super excited. I was very excited for the products in it and couldn't wait for it to arrive! It looked like it would be my best box so far.

When it finally arrived, I opened it im
mediately and started playing with all the items. Didn't take long for me to form opinions on these products. I'm not going to use my pictures for these since there are many out there. And because I am feeling lazy.



John Varvatos Star U.S.A: This came in your typical vial for perfume/cologne. It was around three to four inches long. Not sure how much it's worth. Full retail price for 1.7oz is $55.
This was an added extra in my box to advertise for the new Men's Birchbox. I was totally fine with getting this because I knew I could pass it along to my boyfriend or stepdad. Which is exactly what I did. It had a similar smell to whatever my stepdad uses so I tossed it at him. I like the smell, but this product wasn't meant for me, so yeah. Haha.
 It's actually out of stock on Birchbox. People really must have liked it!





Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream: I hadn't heard of this brand before so I was excited to try it out. It came in a 0.1oz size. It retails for $16 for 1.25oz. So this sample size is pretty small if you want to use it on your skins to heal dryness. If you just use it for lips, it's a good sample size. The product isn't one I care to use. I have no need for it (I have a billion lip products). Also the smell is very strong. I'm not sure what causes it but I know I have smelled something exactly like it before. Either way, it's an "meh" product for me. Others may love it.



Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner: This eyeliner is fab. I was very excited to see this because I had heard good things about eyeko and I also love black eyeliner! Plus it's a fullsize product that retails for $15! Sweet. I tried the product out right away. It came out dark black the first try, went on smoothly, and didn't smudge. Even when I washed my hands a few times since, it's still on. So for many people, they will LOVE this eyeliner to pieces. For me, it's ok. It's something I will only use while swimming or what not. I don't need that staying power. And I just got the Marbella one in my Glambag that works perfectly for me. So this product was only ok for me, but I completely recommend it for anyone else.




theBalm cosmetics Stainiac: When I saw everyone was getting this, I was stoked! I love theBalm's products I have (Hot Mama, Bahama Mama, and two of the Shady Lady palettes), so it was great to see one of their products. Not to mention, it's fulled size and retails for $17! I'm still debating whether or not that is worth it. The product is a gel product that doesn't have a lot of pigment. It doesn't reall show up on my lips, and I feel like I can't see it much on my face. I am going to play around with it more to see what I can do.





BAND-AID Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley Bundle: I was thrilled to see these! I get cut a lot at work and need band aids so this was great. They are just printed bandages. This retails for $11 on Birchbox, but I saw them at my work, Target, for the same price as other bandaids.

Melvita Floral Water: I'm actually not sure what the point of this product is. I think it's for hydration for your face. Actually, I am pretty sure that's what it's for. I got a .95 fl. oz. bottle of this. The full-sized product retails for $22 for 6.76 fl. oz. I probably would have liked this product and actually used it if it wasn't for the smell. It smells strongly of roses. Not my cup of tea at all. I would have preferred lavender. I wish I could comment on the quality of the product, but I was not interested in smelling like that. I'll probably give away this item in my make up swap.

So overall, it was an ok box for me. While the products were great, I won't get too much use out of them.

No comments: