Friday, September 21, 2012

MyGlam vs. Birchbox September 2012

I thought I'd do a comparison for this months BB and Glambag.

This was my Birchbox this month. I wasn't too thrilled with it, but I'll give a quick breakdown:
BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir: Perfume. It was really strong smelling and not my type. Went straight to the garbage.
WEI™ to Go Sleep Over Kit: Real Clean and Ideal Skin: Make up item! Cool to try, but not interested in it. Something that I could easily get for free. Not really impressed.

Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: A face thingy. Some sort of brightener? What? Basically used as a wash. It's interesting, but I do have a good face routine. I'm also hoping this doesn't hurt my sensitive skin.
Birchbox and Color Club® Custom Collection: A light pink metallic! It's a tiny size, which I didn't mind. The color just isn't me. And the last polish they gave me was metallic. Boring.
twistband™ Lace up for Fall: This was cool. I bought some before and I like them, but I just got a single one. I'm probably a bit picky about this, but I just looks silly in the box with everything else.
The Brush Guard Variety Pack: This is a cool idea! Was an interesting concept. I might get some use out of them when I travel. We shall see. 


Honestly, this is the lamest Birchbox I have ever received. Looks like it cost them nothing to put together and it all just fell flat.


So I don't have a picture of my GlamBag because I'm lazy, but it's the same for everyone. So here's the quick breakdown:
SOHO Smudge Brush: Yay! A brush! This is fab! I can never have too many brushes! I haven't used it yet, but I am quite interested in trying it out!
Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer: Who has split ends? This girl. That's the trouble with fine, frizzy hair. This product will be great to use. I am so happy with it!
Jane Sparkle Gloss: Although this gloss doesn't last very long, it's a very nice color. And, I happen to love lip products! Another win for me!
Mirabella Eye Colour: This is a pretty neutral pinky-brown color. It's slightly pearlize and silky. I like it a lot. I could never have enough eyeshadow so this made me super happy!
Circus by Andrea's Choice Nail Color in Tightrope: Another circus polish? Yes please! I love me some nail polish! While I'm not sure about the color, I am pleased to have another full size polish in my collection!

How amazing is this bag? This is by far the best month of GlamBag I've gotten. Kind funny considering it was my worst Birchbox month. Oh well. (:

No comments: