Tuesday, July 17, 2012

e.l.f. Essential Lipstick swatches and review.

So in this review, I only am swatching two colors. I actually ordered 4, but I immediately got rid of two of them because the product was awful. I expected nothing amazing, but these were bad. They felt wrong and too plasticky. I checked the reviews on Makeup Alley and there were so many praises. I can't see why. I was going to order them again, but I really wasn't impressed with the product anyway. So, for this review I have the colors Classy and Seductive.


Classy (the bright pink one), is a little less barbie pink than in the picture and has a bit more purple to it. It's quite pretty.
Seductive is less pink in person as well and a slightly darker too, but really nice.
I originally took picture of both flashed and not-flashed, but the not-flashed colors didn't look good. In the flashed it looks more like they do in person, but pinkier in the picture.

As far as my review goes, these two are decent. They are smooth, though I still feel like they have that slight cheap plasticy feel you get with some cheap lipstick. They also have a slight flowery smell to them. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but they're not bad. I would personally not repurchase, but that's just me. There are plenty of other that would. The product is only a dollar, so it's not really a bad risk to take.

No comments: