Monday, December 3, 2012

Ipsy vs. Birchbox November 2012

So I'm back with my opinions for this months of boxes!

(Straight from the Ipsy website!)

Ipsy November 2012:
This month they were offering a small sample of they're Real! by Benefit. I was really hoping to get that, but alas, I did not. Was very sad. Anyway, here is what I got in my box.

theBalm Meet Matt(e) in Matt Batali: It's a very beautiful brownish shadow. Goes on really well and it is suited for many skin types! I like! :D Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with theBalm.

bareMineral Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss: This one was a darker color for me, so I wasn't too thrilled about that. It was your average lipgloss for me, not sticky, sheer, glossy. Cool, nothing special, but something about it made my lips kinda hurt/tingle. So, meh.

Starlet Intense Eyeliner in Brown: This was ok, not the biggest fan of this medium brown color. It was also kind of rough to use. Ended up giving it away.

Chella Defining Brow Gel: As I said, I wanted the mascara, but this was ok. I'm not really big into brow gels, since my brows are pretty easy to tame. It's cool to have, but I won't be using it a lot. Good product, not for me!

Nailtini Nail Color in Millionaire: Ack! So much long, glittery confetti. I didn't like the color and it made me think of hair. I gave it away asap. I love nail polish, but this wasn't a color for me! Oh well.

(Straight from the Birchbox website!)

Birchbox November 2012:
I was so disappointed when my box updated. Does this look like a box you would give to someone who is 22 but looks 16? No. It looks like something my mom would get. What the hell Birchbox. I said my only concern with skin is sensitivity so why am I getting so many skin care products in my box? Such a disappointment.

Masqueology Revitalizing Eye Mask: What is this? Stuff to make me look awake? I already look awake. I don't have under eye circles. I had no reason to use this so I gave it away.
MCMC Fragrance Phoenix Eau de Parfum: Perfume? Alright! I like perfume. Unfortunately this was too strong for my tastes. No big deal.

Kiehl's Creme de Corps: This is a lotion. Decent sample size, good smell, very moisturizing. I like! The only problem is the price tag. 70$? Haha, no. I use other things just as nice for waaaaaay cheaper.

Masqueology 7D Moisture Cream: Another thing for under eye circles, that I don't have. Again, gave this away asap. Why do I need items that do the same thing in my box? Not to mention the sample size is tiny. How do I even know it'll work when it's only good for once use?

Masqueology Masque Cleanse: A lot of cleansers hurt my face. I was not about to put this on my face either. Plus, the sample was only good for one use. How do I know if it'll hurt my skin if I can only use it once. I'm not pleased at all. :/

stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer: I'm not really big into liquid luminizers, but I thought I would give this a try. Too dark and orangy for my skin. Well, that's lame. Decent product, but I can't use it. Wouldn't buy it anyway.

Verdict: Even though I didn't like much in either box, Ipsy did 1000x better than Birchbox. I am pissed I got three facial products that I don't need nor ever hinted I needed. They need to look again at my profile. If December isn't good, I'm cancelling for sure.

No comments: